Clinton Africa trip 1998
See also: Clinton's 2000 Africa trip
March 22 - April 2, 1998
The sources below have content on Clinton's trip which was the first major visit by a U.S. president in 20 years.
- Abdul-Raheem, Tajudeen
Dr. Abdul-Raheem, General-Secretary, Pan African Movement (Kampala), writes - "What do Uganda and Africa have to gain from Clinton's visit?" [16 March 1998], "A Few Questions for Clinton" [16 March 1998].
- Africa Recovery, (United Nations) August 1998, Vol. 12, No. 1 - has articles, "Clinton tour shows Africa's 'new face'" and "Africa reacts to US trade bill"
- African Voices, Summer/Fall 1998, Vol. 7, No. 2. Issue has article on Clinton's trip. In Adobe pdf. http://www.usaid.gov/locations/sub-saharan_africa/newsletters/av.html
- BBC - put in the Search box (Clinton Africa trip), has audio clips, needs the RealPlayer plug-in, has African media comments
- CNN Clinton's Africa Trip
- New York Times on Clinton in Africa - Use their Search (Clinton in Africa) for older articles. Be sure to select all articles for the search.
- Public Broadcasting Corporation - Jim Lehrer News Hour - Use the Search. Put in Bill Clinton Africa trip for transcripts of broadcasts on the trip. See the 1998 March-April transcripts. For those with sound cards has a RealAudio segment.
- U.S. Department of State, Bureau of African Affairs
- Washington Post - includes photos from the trip
- Print Source: "The Clinton Administration and Africa, 1993-1999" a special issue of Issue, A Journal of Opinion, Vol. 27, No. 2, 1998, 74 pp. (African Studies Association Press, New Brunswick, NJ).
For U.S. - Africa policy issues, some sources are:
- Africa Policy Information Center http://www.africaaction.org/
- Association of Concerned Africa Scholars http://www.prairienet.org/acas/
- Council on Foreign Relations http://www.cfr.org/
- National Summit on Africa http://www.africasummit.org/
See additional organizations at: International Relations.