Library Website goals for October
We have an ambitious set of goals for continuing to improve and enrich the library website in October. These priorities are based on our original project goals and on feedback and suggestions gathered from patrons and staff. Please continue to send us your feedback and encourage others to do so as well.
Our goals for October 2012 are to:
- Participate in the Library Open House, showing students, faculty, and staff how the new site can support their teaching, learning, and research needs. We will also use the Open House as an opportunity to gather feedback on how scholars use the library website.
- Convene a Library Website Steering Group, responsible for evaluating and prioritizing future website work (e.g. new feature and functionality requests, major content additions, etc.). This group will play a crucial role in recommending priorities for development and content work on the new website, and for recommending policies and best practices for the library website.
- Develop a way to allow People associated with Guides to see unpublished Guides in their Workbench. Currently only Authors can see unpublished Guides in Workbench, but we are working on a solution to allow all People who are added to a Guide to be able to see the unpublished Guides in their Workbench to enable easy co-editing and authoring.
- Add spellcheck functionality to the WYSIWYG editor for content creators.
- Enable Follow Us links on library About pages, so we will have consistent, easy way to add Facebook and Twitter links for those libraries who use social media.
- Enable simple formatting (bold, italics, and hyperlinking) in the annotations field of SearchWorks items in Guides
- Update the view of Blog posts by topic to sort in reverse chronological order (most recent first), and to add archives links.
- Work on discovery and design of Collections pages.
- Complete work on Events pages.
- Continue to provide training and guidance to content creators.
- Continue to respond to feedback received from patrons and staff.