The SULAIR Website Redesign Project has officially kicked off! The project team is excited to be working with web consultants, Chapter Three, on the first big step--developing a detailed workplan for rolling out a new library website by Fall 2011. To help focus the project, we have developed the following high-level goals:
Website Redesign High-Level Goals
- Increase usage of the library website by Stanford scholars.
- Enable Stanford students, faculty, and others to discover and access relevant and timely information, resources, and library services.
- Convey the depth, breadth, and uniqueness of our collections and services.
- Establish the SULAIR website as a gateway for tools needed for deep scholarly engagement.
- Promote a strong, unified, coherent identity for SULAIR, establishing our website as an exemplar that binds the main library system, the branches, and enterprises, while acknowledging the uniqueness of individual units.
- Inspire support for SULAIR and its many activities among Stanford scholars, alumni and other donors.
- Make content creation and maintenance significantly easier for library staff.
- Commit to long-term website improvements through usability testing, web traffic analysis, and user feedback.
As always, we welcome your feedback on this important and exciting effort to improve our web presence.