CrystalMaker software package
A campus-wide site license for CrystalMaker is now available to current students, faculty and staff at Stanford. Used for research and teaching in chemistry, solid-state physics, materials science, mineralogy and crystallography, this package includes three software programs: CrystalMaker, CrystalDiffract, and SingleCrystal. Both Mac and PC versions are available (but not Linux). After installing the software on your personal computer, you do not need to be connected to the Internet in order to use it.
You can use this software to:
- Build, display & manipulate all kinds of crystal and molecular structures.
- Design new materials and relax their structures.
- Animate structural behaviour; generate video for teaching or presentations.
- 3D Print models; create rotatable 3D models for iPhone, iPad.
- Simulate diffraction properties for powders and single crystals.