Branner Earth Sciences Library & Map Collections
Finding Information on Environmental Science: Beyond Google Scholar
Which database is for me?
BIOSIS covers all aspects of biology, with emphasis on botany, zoology, and microbiology.
CAB Abstracts is an international agriculture database that includes forestry, nutrition, and world health.
Environmental Sciences and Pollution Management covers pollution, microbiology, ecology, other environmental topics.
GIS & the Environment
At the Stanford Geospatial Center, patrons can:
- Create, modify, and print custom maps by using commercial GIS packages and geospatial data.
- Communicate research and project results by creating maps and charts for use in journal articles, term papers and theses.
- Analyze data graphically by conducting “what-if” scenarios.
- Access a rich collection of databases that provide both geospatial boundary and statistical information.
- Explore the spatial element of your data (e.g., display soil types, track crime patterns, analyze animal migration patterns, find the best location for an expanding business, model the path of atmospheric pollution) to make decisions for many types of complicated problems.