- (650) 213-6759
The Digital Initiatives Group (DIG) facilitates communication, assessment, collaboration, and knowledge about digital library services and collections across the Stanford University Libraries (SUL).
DIG’s extended cohort, DIG+Plus, provides a forum for ideas and a clearinghouse for digital initiatives in order to build bridges among library units by sharing expertise, experience, and enthusiasm.
Specific Responsibilities of DIG:
- Support the acquisition, discovery, and analysis of social science data, and engage with the computational social science community
- Support the creation, acquisition, use, and long-term curation of digital text and image collections, and engage with the digital humanities community
- Support patron studies and project assessment design and analysis
- Coordinate top-level library communication efforts to include top-level websites, SUL News, external publications, publicity, and signage
- Support patron use of technology in libraries, with special emphasis on emerging technologies