Data Control Unit
The Data Control Unit is responsible for the maintenance of SUL's catalog records, the processing of patron notifies of INPROCESS materials, and the processing of materials that are not acquired through the mainstream commercial channels.
Database maintenance requests should be directed to the Data Control group account: email@example.com
Patron Notify group account: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department FAX: (650) 725-1120
|Tang, Vitus (Head)||VCT||(650) email@example.com|
|Kalchik, Jeanette (Operations Manager)||JLK||(650) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Do, Vinh Thi||VTD||(650) email@example.com|
|Haun, Angela Rose||ARHfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kalashnik, Svetlana||SKC||(650) email@example.com|
|Roy, Hattie||HBR||(650) firstname.lastname@example.org|
Created: August 1, 2012
Last updated: January 17 2018
What we do
- Add copy/volumes to existing records.
- Add print items to electronic dissertations.
- Add URLs to existing print records.
- Bibliographic record corrections.
- Call number corrections and reclassification.
- Change/transfer item Location/Library.
- Create bound-with and analytic records.
- Create item records for un-barcoded material.
- eLoader multi-volume problem resolutions.
- Merge duplicate records.
- Process gifts, Slavic exchange, and bulk collections.
- Process Symphony error reports.
- Route materials from Monograph Receiving Unit to catalogers in the Metadata Development Unit.
- Update MHLD records.
- Withdraw/remove records as requested.
Most of this unit's documentation has been moved to the Metadata Department space on Consul (restricted access)
General department documentation, of special interest to Data Control staff:
Documentation specific to the Unit is below: