- (650) 724-2958
425 Broadway Street
Redwood City, CA 94063
The Preservation Department for the Stanford University Libraries (SUL) is responsible for ensuring that the materials collected by SUL to fulfill the knowledge and information needs of the Stanford and worldwide scholarly communities are available not just for people today but for their progeny as well. In order to carry out this mission, the Preservation Department participates in a wide variety of activities and provides an array of services to the Stanford community.
How can we help you?
Explore this Web site to learn more about the services and activities of the Preservation Department and about the three units which carry them out:
- Treatment and Repair of Damaged and Deteriorated Materials
- Reformatting: Digitization, Microfilming, Photocopying
- Materials Preparation and Collections Housing
- Disaster Prevention and Response
- Preventive Preservation
- Collection Assessment
- Binding & Finishing
- Conservation & Book Repair