Terman Engineering Library
Software on Terman Library computers
Software on our iMac cluster (Windows 7 and MacOS)
Software on our Dell Precision T1600 (Windows 7)
- 7-Zip File Manager
- Acrobat Reader X
- AFS Desktop
- Google Chrome
- Matlab R2011b
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Mozilla Firefox
- Ocean Data View 4
- Solidworks 2013-2014
Please contact Michael Nack with Windows software suggestions.
Software for your computer
Solidworks Education Edition (SU students, faculty, staff only)
- Installation Thumb Drive and DVD's - Solidworks 2014-2015 Available at the Engineering Library front desk. We are no longer offering Solidworks as a download.
- Installation Instructions (PDF)
- Solidworks System Requirements (please note that 64-bit Windows systems are recommended and Windows XP and Vista are no longer supported.)
- Eligibility and Legal Terms Please visit the Solidworks goEDU website for details.
- Solidworks is a Windows-only application. To install it on a Mac, you have to first set up a Windows virtual machine on your Mac. Bootcamp is the Mac utility used to install virtual machines. Please note that you will also need a copy of Windows 7 or 8 to install into Bootcamp. Windows 7 is currently available to students at no charge through the Stanford Software Licensing Store.
Please contact Craig Milroy if you are experiencing installation problems.
"Software at Stanford" website
Software at Stanford provides information and links to software resources for Stanford users.
Stanford University Unstructured (SU2)
SU2 is an open-source aerospace design software. The software is available for download at the SU2 website.
Shared Computing Environment / FarmShare Software
FarmShare, Stanford’s shared computing environment, provides Linux facilities for general and research computing to anyone with a full-service SUNet ID. Software includes ANSYS, Matlab, Mathematica, and many others.