Terman Engineering Library
Software on Terman Library computers
Software on our iMac cluster (Windows 10 and MacOS)
Software on our Dell Precision T1700 (Windows 7)
- 7-Zip File Manager
- Acrobat Reader X
- AFS Desktop
- Google Chrome
- Matlab R2011b
- Microsoft Office
- Mozilla Firefox
- Ocean Data View 4
- Solidworks 2016-2017
Please contact Michael Nack with Windows software suggestions.
Software for your computer
Solidworks Education Edition (SU students, faculty, staff only)
- Installation Thumb Drive - Solidworks 2016-2017 Available at the Engineering Library front desk. We are no longer offering Solidworks as a download.
- Installation Instructions (PDF)
- Solidworks System Requirements (please note that 64-bit Windows systems are recommended and Windows XP and Vista are no longer supported.)
- Eligibility and Legal Terms Please visit the Solidworks goEDU website for details.
- Solidworks Tutorial A getting started guide to Solidworks.
- Solidworks is a Windows-only application. To install it on a Mac, you have to first set up a Windows virtual machine on your Mac. Bootcamp is the Mac utility used to install virtual machines. Please note that you will also need a copy of Windows 7 or 8 to install into Bootcamp. Windows 7 is currently available to students at no charge through the Stanford Software Licensing Store.
Please contact Michael Nack if you are experiencing installation problems.
COMSOL is available for departmental purchase through the COMSOL website. Please inquire within your department for more information.
"Software at Stanford" website
Software at Stanford provides information and links to software resources for Stanford users.
Stanford University Unstructured (SU2)
SU2 is an open-source aerospace design software. The software is available for download at the SU2 website.
Shared Computing Environment / FarmShare Software
FarmShare, Stanford’s shared computing environment, provides Linux facilities for general and research computing to anyone with a full-service SUNet ID. Software includes ANSYS, Matlab, Mathematica, and many others.