To Boldly Go: The Rhetoric of Travel
A guide to resources for PWR 1GCO: To Boldly Go: The Rhetoric of Travel. Topics include how travel and the objects of travel have been shaped by the changing experiences of the traveler, the "local," and those left at home; travelogues and ethnographies to advertisements, guidebooks, postcards, touristic snapshots and souvenirs
Reference: Subject Reading Materials
Subject Term Searches
Listed below are Library of Congress subject terms, which search only the subject field(s) of the Searchworks catalogue records.
- You can refine your results by using the limiting facets with the left frame.
- Narrow by SUL (Stanford University Libraries) location, publication year, language, etc.
- Christian Pilgrims and Pilgrimages
- Description and Travel
- Frontier and Pioneer Life
- Heritage Tourism
- Highways United States
- Place in Literature
- Space Exploration
- State Department
- Tourism Environmental Aspects
- Transportation History
- Travel Psychological Aspects
- United States Geological Survey
- Underwater Exploration
- Urban Studies
- West (U.S.) Description and Travel
The David Rumsey Collection focuses on 18th and 19th century North and South American cartographic materials. It includes atlases, globes, school geographies, maritime charts, and a variety of maps including pocket, wall, children's, and manuscript maps. The online collection does not contain all of the collection's materials; it is an expanding cross section of images designed to highlight the depth and breadth of the collection.