Table of Contents
New Chem & ChemEng Faculty Publications
Updated weekly, below are new articles by faculty in Stanford's Chemistry Department and Chemical Engineering Department from the Web of Science (WoS) database. Only users with a current SUNet ID can view full WoS records.
New Stanford Chemical Engineering Dept. theses
Engineering bivalency and bispecificity in protein therapeutics and protein scaffold development [electronic resource]
Multiplexed immuno-magnetic enrichment of cells and downstream molecular analysis [electronic resource]
Virus-like particles (VLPs) as iron oxide contrast agent carriers for enhanced prostate tumor imaging [electronic resource]
Futurity: news from leading research universities
- Fatty acid made in the lab can tame inflammation
- New COF material could mean electric cars charge faster
- Migraines, fatigue spike near fracking sites
- Why ramen noodles are the new ‘money’ in prisons
- Like people, chimps prefer teamwork over competition
- Are U.S. voters losing faith in democracy?
- Repeats in this spit gene benefit primates
- ‘Butterbutt’ warbler might really be 3 species
- Baggage fees help airplanes leave on time
- Is melatonin the link between sleep and breast cancer?
This page contains information to help you stay up-to-date. It includes alerting services that will notify you when newly added items in a database match your search criteria, current awareness publications that you can browse or search, and calendars to meetings and events.
As part of the process, determine where you want to store citations of interest. For example, consider saving citations in a bibliography management tool. Do you want to have alerts sent to you by email? Or, do you want to use an RSS news feed aggregator like Feedly to provide access to new items.
Current awareness publications
Below is a selected list of databases. For a more comprehensive list of chemistry and chemical engineering databases at Stanford, please see: http://library.stanford.edu/swain/databases/databases-z
New eBooks in TPs
In the Library of Congress Classification System, TP is used for Chemical Engineering materials.
New print books @ Swain Library
Below is a list of the latest print books received at the Swain Library.
Featured ebook collection
Selected Library of Congress Subject Headings are grouped into four broad categories below.
When you click on a link, a saved search is run in SearchWorks showing you items the library has acquired to date that was given that subject heading.
General Chemical Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering
- Industrial Microbiology
- Microbial Biotechnology
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
If there are other subjects that you'd like to have added to this list, please contact Grace Baysinger (graceb[at]stanford.edu).
- Nanoparticle-Based Modulation of the Immune System
- Biomanufacturing of Therapeutic Cells: State of the Art, Current Challenges, and Future Perspectives
- Multiscale Materials Modeling in an Industrial Environment
- Complex Fluids and Hydraulic Fracturing
- Neutron Scattering from Polymers: Five Decades of Developing Possibilities
- Thiol–Disulfide Exchange Reactions in the Mammalian Extracellular Environment
- Thermodynamics of Bioreactions
- Charged Polymer Membranes for Environmental/Energy Applications
- Progress in the Development of Oxygen Reduction Reaction Catalysts for Low-Temperature Fuel Cells
Popular ChE encyclopedias
Major reference works
Site-licensed by Swain Library
Swain Library has purchased campus-wide site licenses for several products. Access to all of these products is limited to current Stanford students, faculty, and staff.
Some software licensed by Swain Library is also accessible using a web browser and Citrix plugin via CDSERVER. For more information, please see instructions for off-campus access to resources.
This page includes educational resources, web gateways, and organizations.