Table of Contents
New Chem & ChemEng Faculty Publications
Updated monthly, below are new articles by faculty in Stanford's Chemistry Department and Chemical Engineering Department from the Web of Science (WoS) database. Only users with a current SUNet ID can view full WoS records.
- X-ray crystallographic and EPR spectroscopic analysis of HydG, a maturase in [FeFe]-hydrogenase H-cluster assembly
- U0126 Protects Cells against Oxidative Stress Independent of Its Function as a MEK Inhibitor
- Super-Resolution Fluorescence of Huntingtin Reveals Growth of Globular Species into Short Fibers and Coexistence of Distinct Aggregates
- Novel targeted theranostic tools for cancer applications
- Stanford Institute for Chemical Biology: At the crossroad between molecular engineering and human biology
- Finite-size effects on gold and platinum clusters
- Micro and mesoporous nitrogen-doped carbon and surface functionalization for CO2 capture
- Insights into the electrochemical conversion of CO2 to hydrocarbons and alcohols on transition metals surfaces
- Computational insights into C-C coupling on copper surfaces in CO2 electroreduction
- Folding@home: Simulating pathways in atomic detail on the seconds timescale, with applications to kinase conformational change and protein folding
- Preventing 1 case of HIV could save $338,400
- Bluebird moms can make competitive sons
- How tiny wires trap a ‘tornado’
- Can alternating feast and famine boost health?
- Should dentists test patients for diabetes?
- Scientific ‘turf’ could make Earth’s crisis worse
- Malawi study links gut microbes to nutrition problems
- Stress from bias differs among Latino teens
- Is blue-green scum turning lakes into toxic pools?
- Brain scans show extroverts come in 2 types
New Books with a TP Call Number
In the Library of Congress Classification Outline TP is Chemical Engineering.
Selected Library of Congress Subject Headings are grouped into four broad categories below.
When you click on a link, a saved search is run in SearchWorks showing you items the library has acquired to date that was given that subject heading.
General Chemical Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering
- Industrial Microbiology
- Microbial Biotechnology
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Engineering Village, PubMed, and SciFinder are indepth subject databases for engineering, medicine, and chemistry.
- Scopus and the Web of Science are broad multidisciplinary databases.
- xSearch searches multiple resources at one time and includes full-text sources such as ebooks, ejournals, and reference titles, as well as databases.
- Derwent Innovations Index and Espacenet are international patent databases with links to full-text.
- Derwent Innovations Index and Espacenet are international in scope and include links to the full-text.
- Both databases are included as resources in the Science and Engineering section of xSearch (see Advanced Search page).
- Patents are also included in SciFinder and are searchable by structure or chemical reaction.
- Because companies want to own the intellectual property from their research results, they publish in patents rather than in journals.
- Design and screening of ionic liquids for C2H2/C2H4 separation by COSMO-RS and experiments
- Shear-rate-dependent rheology effects on mass transport and surface reactions in biomicrofluidic devices
- Modeling segregation of bidisperse granular materials using physical control parameters in the quasi-2D bounded heap
- Suspending a solid sphere in laminar inertial liquid flow—experiments and simulations
- Analysis of slot coating flow under tilted die
- Evaporation of pinned droplets containing polymer - an examination of the important groups controlling final shape
- Gas absorption into a wavy two-layer falling film
- Anatomy of a rapid pressure swing adsorption (RPSA) process performance
- A CO2-stable hollow-fiber membrane with high hydrogen permeation flux
- Co-gasification of Blended Coal-Biomass in an Air/Steam BFB Gasifier: Experimental Investigation and Model Validation
- Toward the Directed Self-Assembly of Engineered Tissues
- Perspectives on Sustainable Waste Management
- From Stealthy Polymersomes and Filomicelles to “Self” Peptide-Nanoparticles for Cancer Therapy
- Manipulating Crystallization with Molecular Additives
- Carbon Capture Simulation Initiative: A Case Study in Multiscale Modeling and New Challenges
- Experimental and Theoretical Methods in Kinetic Studies of Heterogeneously Catalyzed Reactions
- Plans and Detours
- Dynamics of Colloidal Glasses and Gels
- Factors Affecting the Rheology and Processability of Highly Filled Suspensions
- Who Should Read This Journal?
- Networks and the Challenge of Sustainable Development
- Implications of Arctic Sea Ice Decline for the Earth System
- Tropical Forests in the Anthropocene
- The Environmental Costs and Benefits of Fracking
- Dynamics and Resilience of Rangelands and Pastoral Peoples Around the Globe
- Energy for Transport
- Consumer End-Use Energy Efficiency and Rebound Effects
- The Psychology of Environmental Decisions
- Transcriptional and post-transcriptional limitations of high-yielding, PEI-mediated transient transfection with CHO and HEK-293E cells
- Detection of parathyroid hormone using an electrochemical impedance biosensor based on PAMAM dendrimers
- Issue information
- Challenges with afucosylation content in antibody-based drugs: Guidance provided by mathematical modeling
- Biosimilars advancements: Moving on to the future
- AstraZeneca Will Spin Off Antibiotics
- Bioinspired Antireflective Coating Could Help Devices Capture More Light
- Obama Vetoes Keystone Pipeline
- New Insecticidal Strategy Kills Crop Pests With RNA Interference
- Englerin A Targets Uncovered
- Reconfigurable Emulsions Might Find Use As Chemical Sensors
- Rajendra Pachauri, Chair Of Intergovernmental Panel On Climate Change, Resigns
- Calcium Channel Fingered In Ebola’s Infection Pathway
- Reconfigurable Emulsions Might Find Use As Chemical Sensors
- Siloxanes Unexpectedly Observed In Antarctic Soil And Water
- Quantification, characterization, and anaerobic digestion of sheep manure: The influence of diet and addition of crude glycerin
- Evaluation of the geotechnical properties of alum sludge, zeolite, and their mixtures for beneficial usage
- Investigation on biodiesel production from cotton seed oil using microwave irradiated transesterfication process
- Study on coadsorption of SO2, NO, and CO2 over copper-supported activated carbon sorbent in different operating conditions
- Maximizing furfural concentration from wheat straw and Eucalyptus globulus by nonisothermal autohydrolysis
Includes encyclopedias and major reference works.
Site-licensed by Swain Library
Swain Library has purchased campus-wide site licenses for several products. Access to all of these products is limited to current Stanford students, faculty, and staff.
Some software licensed by Swain Library is also accessible using a web browser and Citrix plugin via CDSERVER. For more information, please see instructions for off-campus access to resources.