Table of Contents
Thousand Oaks, California : SAGE Publications, Inc., 2012.
Education Library (Cubberley) » Reference (non-circulating) » LC1099 .E38 2012 V.1
"The major aim of this encyclopedia is to describe the most important concepts, theories, research, policies, case studies, and programs at the pre-school through the postsecondary levels and their implications for educational reform. Diversity is defined broadly in this encyclopedia and includes race, ethnicity, social class, gender, sexual orientation (LGBT), religion, language, and exceptionality, which encompasses giftedness and disability." p. xlviii
Education and sociology : an encyclopedia / editors, David L. Levinson, Peter W. Cookson, Jr., Alan R. Sadovnik.
New York : RoutledgeFalmer, 2002.
Education Library (Cubberley) » Reference (non-circulating) » LC189.95 .E38 2002
"Pooling together writings from leading academic authorities in education, this single-volume reference provides readers and researchers with provocative new topics and issues in the sociology of education. Entries cover both national and international perspectives and studies, and tackle controversial points in education today, from gender inequality to globalization, minorities to meritocracy."
Handbook of research on literacy and diversity / edited by Lesley Mandel Morrow, Robert Rueda, Diane Lapp ; foreword by Edmund W. Gordon ; afterword by Eric J. Cooper.
New York : Guilford Press, c2009.
Education Library (Cubberley) » Stacks » LB1576 .H2337 2009
"Powerful. The editors have brought together brilliant researchers who make a tremendous contribution to building knowledge about instruction that capitalizes on students' social and cultural contexts. Perhaps most important, they point the way toward taking action that is evidence based and holds potential for making a difference in the literacy lives of our students." -- Victoria J. Risko, Ed.D., Department of Teaching and Learning, Vanderbilt University
New York : Routledge, 2009.
Education Library (Cubberley) » Stacks » LC71 .H364 2009
Historical dictionary of school segregation and desegregation : the American experience / Jeffrey A. Raffel.
Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 1998.
Education Library (Cubberley) » Stacks » LC212.52 .R34 1998
"Herein brief essays describe the over 270 key court decisions, people, types of school desegregation plans, legislation, organizations, terms and concepts, and reports and publications that have played a significant role in the history of this topic."
Wesport, Conn. : Praeger Publishers, c2006.
Education Library (Cubberley) » Reference (non-circulating) » LC1099.3 .R33 2006 V.1
"These volumes aim to address both the foundational assumptions and the practices of education in relation to changing conceptions of race and ethnicity."
Los Angeles : Sage, c2009.
Education Library (Cubberley) » Reference (non-circulating) » LC2717 .S34 2009
"comprehensive collection of theoretical and empirical scholarship in six important areas: historical perspectives, teaching and learning, PK-12 school leadership, higher education, current issues, and education policy."
The Routledge international handbook of the sociology of education / edited by Michael W. Apple, Stephen J. Ball and Luis Armando Gandin.
London ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
Education Library (Cubberley) » Reference (non-circulating) » LC191 .R684 2010
Part 1: Perspectives and theories; Part 2: Social processes and practices; Part 3: Inequalities and resistances
- Social justice issues and racism in the college classroom : perspectives from different voices
- Expanding postsecondary opportunity for underrepresented students : theory and practice of academic capital formation
- More courageous conversations about race
- Confronting racism in higher education : problems and possibilities for fighting ignorance, bigotry and isolation
- The wrong kind of different : challenging the meaning of diversity in American classrooms
- Educational delusions? : why choice can deepen inequality and how to make schools fair
- Female representation at various levels of education in Kenya : identifying opportunities for policy, action, and linkages
- Education in the best interests of the child : a children's rights perspective on closing the achievement gap
- Classroom voices on education and race : students speak from inside the belly of the beast
- In the front door : creating a college-going culture of learning
- Access to inequality : reconsidering class, knowledge, and capital in higher education
- A research reader in universal design for learning
- Ability profiling and school failure : one child's struggle to be seen as competent
- Refining the focus on faculty diversity in postsecondary institutions
- Desegregating teachers : contesting the meaning of equality of educational opportunity in the South post Brown
- Educational policies and inequalities in Europe
- Occupying the academy : just how important is diversity work in higher education?
- Giving our children a fighting chance : poverty, literacy, and the development of information capital
- The reorder of things : the university and its pedagogies of minority difference
- High schools, race, and America's future : what students can teach us about morality, diversity, and community
- Living in diversity : lesson plans for secondary level students, developed by teachers and trainers from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Ukraine, participating in Council of Europe seminars
- Walking the equity talk : a guide for culturally courageous leadership in school communities
- Using equity audits in the classroom to reach and teach all students
- What if all the kids are white? Anti-bias multicultural education with young children and families
- Unison reading : socially inclusive group instruction for equity and achievement
- Storytelling for social justice : connecting narrative and the arts in antiracist teaching
Fairfax, VA : Cox, Matthews & Associates, 2005-
SAL3 (off-campus storage) » Stacks » LC2801 .B57 V.28:NO.14-26 2011/2012
Westport, CT : Greenwood Pub. Group,
Education Library (Cubberley) » Stacks » 370.5 .I567 V.45 2012
Abingdon, Oxfordshire, Eng. : Carfax Pub. Co. c1989-
SAL3 (off-campus storage) » Stacks » LC212.8 .G3 V.23 2011
New York, NY : Begell House, Inc., c1994-
Education Library (Cubberley) » Stacks » Q130 .J678 V.16 2010
"Discipline-specific issues related to women and minorities are consolidated to address the entire educational environment from K through post-graduate and on to continuing education. Included are explorations of feminist teaching methods, black student/white teacher interactions, cultural phenomena that affect classroom climate, and new questions to ask of science."
New York, NY : AMS Press, c1980-
Education Library (Cubberley) » Stacks » 371.96 .E236
[Washington, DC : National Library of Education?, 199?-
Bibliographic database of educational resources including articles, reports, and curriculum.
[Bronx, N.Y.] : H.W. Wilson Co.
Indexes and abstracts articles of English-language periodicals and books on education from 1983 on. Abstracting coverage begins with January 1994. Full-text coverage begins in January 1996 and is available for over half the 600 journals indexed.
Bethesda, MD : Editorial Projects in Education, Inc.
Birmingham, AL : Teachers College Record
"Teachers College Record Book Reviews provides comprehensive reviews of the leading books in education and educational research by major scholars in these fields. "
[Stamford, Conn.] : Softline Information, -
"full text database of the newspapers, magazines and journals from alternative and independent presses. This interdisciplinary resource provides a valuable source of viewpoints and perspectives to complement and challenge mainstream media coverage." ...
New York, N.Y. : Public Affairs Information Service, Inc., 1991-
SAL3 (off-campus storage) » Stacks » Z7163 .P3 V.21 2012
Indexes selected books, government documents, and periodical articles on contemporary public issues and the making of public policy.
[Bethesda, Md.] : Cambridge Scientific Abstracts
Contains citations and summaries of journal articles, book chapters, books, and technical reports in the field of psychology and psychological aspects of related disciplines.
[San Diego, etc., Sociological Abstracts, inc.]
SAL3 (off-campus storage) » Stacks » HM1 .S67 V.52:NO.6 2004
Abstracts and indexes the international literature in sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences.