Table of Contents
Handbook of Asian education : a cultural perspective / editor, Yong Zhao ; co-editors, Jing Lei ... [et al].
New York : Routledge, 2011.
Education Library (Cubberley) » Stacks » LA1141 .H38 2011
"The purpose of this handbook is to present a more nuanced description and analysis of educational systems, practices, and policies in Asian countries than is typically described or perceived, and more importantly, explain and interpret these practices from cultural, social, historical, and economic perspectives." Part III: Islamic Education (pp. 317-385) "The Islamic Education section is organized to illustrate how the educational and cultural challenges confronting Muslim-majority countries today vary by the historical, political, and socio-economic contexts of those societies."
London ; New York : Routledge, 2011.
Education Library (Cubberley) » Stacks » LC903 .I83 2011 V.1
New York : Routledge, 2009.
Education Library (Cubberley) » Stacks » LC1099 .R685 2009
- From symbolic exile to physical exile : Turkey's Imam Hatip Schools, the emergence of a conservative counter-elite, and its knowledge migration to Europe
- Education in Afghanistan : developments, influences and legacies since 1901
- Reimagining research for reclaiming the academy in Iraq : identities and participation in post-conflict enquiry : the Iraq Research Fellowship Programme
- Gendered voices : reflections on gender and education in South Africa and Sudan
- Islamic learning, the state, and the challenges of education in Ghana
- Discipline, devotion, and dissent : Jewish, Catholic, and Islamic schooling in Canada
- Religion, education and governance in the Middle East : between tradition and modernity
- Education in the UAE : current status and future developments
- Education and learning in the early Islamic world
- Islam and higher education : concepts, challenges and opportunities
- Gendered paradoxes : educating Jordanian women in nation, faith, and progress
- Islam and education : conflict and conformity in Pakistan's Madrassahs
- Reaching for the sky : religious education from Christian and Islamic perspectives
- The politics of education reform in the Middle East : self and other in textbooks and curricula
- Resolving classroom management and school leadership issues in ELT : action research reports from the United Arab Emirates
- Islam and education : the manipulation and misrepresentation of a religion
- Educated for change? : Muslim refugee women in the west
- Islamic textbooks and curricula in Europe
- American sheikhs : two families, four generations, and the story of America's influence in the Middle East
- International development in practice : education assistance in Egypt, Pakistan, and Afghanistan
[Washington, DC : National Library of Education?, 199?-
Bibliographic database of educational resources including articles, reports, and curriculum.
[Bronx, N.Y.] : H.W. Wilson Co.
Indexes and abstracts articles of English-language periodicals and books on education from 1983 on. Abstracting coverage begins with January 1994. Full-text coverage begins in January 1996 and is available for over half the 600 journals indexed.
Bethesda, MD : Editorial Projects in Education, Inc.
Birmingham, AL : Teachers College Record
"Teachers College Record Book Reviews provides comprehensive reviews of the leading books in education and educational research by major scholars in these fields. "
[Evanston, Ill.] : American Theological Association, [Ipswich, Mass.] : EBSCO Information Services
"The ATLA Religion Database is a comprehensive database designed to support religious and theological scholarship in graduate education and faculty research."
Bethesda, MD : CSA, 2003-
"The Index Islamicus database indexes literature on Islam, the Middle East and the Muslim world." "Material cited in the Index Islamicus includes not only work written about the Middle East, but also about the other main Muslim areas of Asia and Africa, plus Muslim minorities elsewhere. Over 3,000 journals are monitored for inclusion in the database, together with conference proceedings, monographs, multi-authored works and book reviews. Journals and books are indexed down to the article and chapter level."