Table of Contents
International handbook of jewish education [electronic resource] / edited by Helena Miller, Lisa D. Grant and Alex Pomson.
Dordrecht ; New York : Springer, c2011.
The editors "have gone beyond the United States and Israel, the two major Jewish communities of today, to explore Jewish education as a global phenomenon. For readers with little familiarity with Jewish education, the chapters in this Handbook provide an introduction to the present moment in this ancient yet modern field of human activity."
Thousand Oaks, California : SAGE Publications, Inc., 2012.
Education Library (Cubberley) » Reference (non-circulating) » LC1099 .E38 2012 V.1
"The major aim of this encyclopedia is to describe the most important concepts, theories, research, policies, case studies, and programs at the pre-school through the postsecondary levels and their implications for educational reform. Diversity is defined broadly in this encyclopedia and includes race, ethnicity, social class, gender, sexual orientation (LGBT), religion, language, and exceptionality, which encompasses giftedness and disability." p. xlviii
- Discipline, devotion, and dissent : Jewish, Catholic, and Islamic schooling in Canada
- Educational theory and Jewish studies in conversation : from Volozhin to Buczacz
- Closed education in the open society : Kibbutz education as a case study
- Development, learning, and community : educating for identity in pluralistic Jewish high schools
- Meine Lehrerin, Dr. Dora Lux, 1882-1959 : Nachforschungen
- Akademischer Alltag zwischen Ausgrenzung und Erfolg : jüdische Dozenten an der Berliner Universität 1871-1933
- Hussards de l'Alliance: Rachel et David Sasson
- The Jewish origins of cultural pluralism : the Menorah Association and American diversity
- Die geraubte Würde : die Aberkennung des Doktorgrads an der Universität Würzburg 1933-1945
- L'enseignement français en Méditerranée : les missionnaires et l'Alliance israélite universelle
- The Benderly boys & American Jewish education
- Weggewiesen 1938 : vom Gestern ins Heute geholte Schicksale jüdischer SchülerInnen am Realgymnasium Wien 7
- Diasporic philosophy and counter-education
- Citizenship, education, and social conflict : Israeli political education in global perspective
- In her hands : the education of Jewish girls in tsarist Russia
- Passionate pioneers : the story of Yiddish secular education in North America, 1910-1960
- Power, protest, and the public schools: Jewish and African American struggles in New York City
- Colonial education and class formation in early Judaism : a postcolonial reading
- The women who reconstructed American Jewish education
- Per la difesa della razza : l'applicazione delle leggi antiebraiche nelle università italiane
"An initiative of the School of Education and the Lookstein Center of Bar-Ilan University. IJJER aims to portray and explore Jewish education as a multifaceted, heuristic and dynamic phenomenon from a variety of disciplinary, geographical, cultural, religious and historical perspectives and contexts. IJJER aims to provide an interdisciplinary, international and multi-language platform where past and present forms and aspects of Jewish education are examined through research."
New York : National Council for Jewish Education,
SAL3 (off-campus storage) » Stacks » 370.5 .J59 V.77 2011
Studies in Jewish education / the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, the Melton Centre for Jewish Education in the Diaspora.
Jerusalem : Magnes Press ; Atlantic Highlands, N.J. : distributed in the U.S.A. by Humanities Press, 1983-
Education Library (Cubberley) » Stacks » BM100 .S88 V.13 2008/2009
[Washington, DC : National Library of Education?, 199?-
Bibliographic database of educational resources including articles, reports, and curriculum.
[Bronx, N.Y.] : H.W. Wilson Co.
Indexes and abstracts articles of English-language periodicals and books on education from 1983 on. Abstracting coverage begins with January 1994. Full-text coverage begins in January 1996 and is available for over half the 600 journals indexed.
Bethesda, MD : Editorial Projects in Education, Inc.
Birmingham, AL : Teachers College Record
"Teachers College Record Book Reviews provides comprehensive reviews of the leading books in education and educational research by major scholars in these fields. "
[Evanston, Ill.] : American Theological Association, [Ipswich, Mass.] : EBSCO Information Services
"The ATLA Religion Database is a comprehensive database designed to support religious and theological scholarship in graduate education and faculty research."
[Ann Arbor, MI] : ProQuest Information and Learning
Full text articles from newspapers and periodicals published by the ethnic, minority and native press in the U.S. Coverage is from 1960 to date.
[Cleveland Heights, etc., Index to Jewish Periodicals, etc.]
Green Library » InfoCenter (non-circulating) » Z6367 .I5 V.23-25 1985-1987
"Index to Jewish Periodicals is the definitive index on Jewish history, activity and thought. This database provides a comprehensive guide to English-language articles, book reviews, and feature stories in more than 220 journals devoted to Jewish affairs. Index to Jewish Periodicals is intended for students of Jewish thought and others interested in contemporary Jewish and Middle Eastern affairs. Journal coverage dates back as far as 1988."