Table of Contents
The Praeger handbook of faith-based schools in the United States, K-12 / Thomas C. Hunt and James C. Carper, editors.
Santa Barbara, CA : Praeger, c2012.
Education Library (Cubberley) » Stacks » LC427 .P67 2012 V.1
New York : Routledge, 2009.
Education Library (Cubberley) » Stacks » LC1099 .R685 2009
Thousand Oaks, California : SAGE Publications, Inc., 2012.
Education Library (Cubberley) » Reference (non-circulating) » LC1099 .E38 2012 V.1
"The major aim of this encyclopedia is to describe the most important concepts, theories, research, policies, case studies, and programs at the pre-school through the postsecondary levels and their implications for educational reform. Diversity is defined broadly in this encyclopedia and includes race, ethnicity, social class, gender, sexual orientation (LGBT), religion, language, and exceptionality, which encompasses giftedness and disability." p. xlviii
- Discipline, devotion, and dissent : Jewish, Catholic, and Islamic schooling in Canada
- Educational theory and Jewish studies in conversation : from Volozhin to Buczacz
- Cultivating the spirit : how college can enhance students' inner lives
- Religion, education and governance in the Middle East : between tradition and modernity
- Does religious education have a future? : pedagogical and policy prospects
- The enigmatic academy : class, bureaucracy, and religion in American education
- Academic freedom and the telos of the Catholic university
- Fulfilling a vision : the contribution of the Church of Scotland to school education, 1772-1872
- Spirituality in college students' lives : translating research into practice
- Religious education in pre-modern Europe
- Gendered paradoxes : educating Jordanian women in nation, faith, and progress
- Les universités et instituts catholiques : regards sur leur histoire (1870-1950)
- Islam and education : conflict and conformity in Pakistan's Madrassahs
- Reaching for the sky : religious education from Christian and Islamic perspectives
- Commitment, character, and citizenship : religious education in liberal democracy
- Development, learning, and community : educating for identity in pluralistic Jewish high schools
- No longer invisible : religion in university education
- Religious lessons : Catholic sisters and the captured schools crisis in New Mexico
- Inside a Madrasa : knowledge, power and Islamic identity in India
- Rediscovering African and Christian values for moral formation
"An initiative of the School of Education and the Lookstein Center of Bar-Ilan University. IJJER aims to portray and explore Jewish education as a multifaceted, heuristic and dynamic phenomenon from a variety of disciplinary, geographical, cultural, religious and historical perspectives and contexts. IJJER aims to provide an interdisciplinary, international and multi-language platform where past and present forms and aspects of Jewish education are examined through research."
New York : National Council for Jewish Education,
SAL3 (off-campus storage) » Stacks » 370.5 .J59 V.77 2011
Studies in Jewish education / the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, the Melton Centre for Jewish Education in the Diaspora.
Jerusalem : Magnes Press ; Atlantic Highlands, N.J. : distributed in the U.S.A. by Humanities Press, 1983-
Education Library (Cubberley) » Stacks » BM100 .S88 V.13 2008/2009
[Washington, DC : National Library of Education?, 199?-
Bibliographic database of educational resources including articles, reports, and curriculum.
[Bronx, N.Y.] : H.W. Wilson Co.
Indexes and abstracts articles of English-language periodicals and books on education from 1983 on. Abstracting coverage begins with January 1994. Full-text coverage begins in January 1996 and is available for over half the 600 journals indexed.
Bethesda, MD : Editorial Projects in Education, Inc.
Birmingham, AL : Teachers College Record
"Teachers College Record Book Reviews provides comprehensive reviews of the leading books in education and educational research by major scholars in these fields. "
[Evanston, Ill.] : American Theological Association, [Ipswich, Mass.] : EBSCO Information Services
"The ATLA Religion Database is a comprehensive database designed to support religious and theological scholarship in graduate education and faculty research."
Bethesda, MD : CSA, 2003-
"The Index Islamicus database indexes literature on Islam, the Middle East and the Muslim world." "Material cited in the Index Islamicus includes not only work written about the Middle East, but also about the other main Muslim areas of Asia and Africa, plus Muslim minorities elsewhere. Over 3,000 journals are monitored for inclusion in the database, together with conference proceedings, monographs, multi-authored works and book reviews. Journals and books are indexed down to the article and chapter level."
[Cleveland Heights, etc., Index to Jewish Periodicals, etc.]
Green Library » InfoCenter (non-circulating) » Z6367 .I5 V.23-25 1985-1987
"Index to Jewish Periodicals is the definitive index on Jewish history, activity and thought. This database provides a comprehensive guide to English-language articles, book reviews, and feature stories in more than 220 journals devoted to Jewish affairs. Index to Jewish Periodicals is intended for students of Jewish thought and others interested in contemporary Jewish and Middle Eastern affairs. Journal coverage dates back as far as 1988."