Sci-tech: Ethics, IP, and data
This guide contains information resources on ethical codes and research conduct, research ethics, publishing ethics, copyright, data management services at Stanford, laboratory notebooks, plus some special journal issues and websites on data.
Table of Contents
- ACS Ethics and Professional Guidelines
- AIChE Code of Ethics
- NSPE Code of Ethics for Engineers (Nat Soc Prof Engineers)
Ethics - selected links
- AAAS Scientific Freedom, Responsibility and Law Program
- ACS Committee on Ethics
- The Ethical, Legal and Social Implications (ELSI) Research Program (Nat Human Genome Res Inst)
- Ethics in Computing (North Carolina State Univ)
- Ethics in Engineering (Dept of Electrical & Computer Engineering, North Carolina State Univ)
- Ethics in Science (Dept of Chemistry, Virginia Tech)
- Ethics Updates Home Page (Univ of San Diego)
Ethics Updates is designed primarily to be used by ethics instructors and their students. It is intended to provide resources and updates on current literature, both popular and professional, that relates to ethics.
- The Joseph P. and Rose F. Kennedy Institute of Ethics (Georgetown Univ)
- Murdough Center for Ethics in Engineering (Texas Tech Univ, College of Engineering)
- NIH Ethics Resources
- National Society for Professional Engineers (NSPE) — Engineering Ethics
- Online Ethics Center for Engineering and Research
- The President’s Council on Bioethics
- Resources for Research Ethics Education (UCSD)
Data management services @ Stanford
"The main goal of Data Management Services is to assist Stanford University's researchers with the organization, management, and curation of research data in order to enhance its preservation and access now and into the future. This site will help you create and carry out a data management strategy that will preserve your valuable research data for future sharing and reuse."