- Use reference sources to jumpstart your research, to get ideas, and more.
- Find books, journal titles and media in Stanford's Online Catalog - Searchworks.
- Find articles in selected databases. Note: Stanford subscribes to over 1000 databases that index articles and books on various topics. Since there are so many databases we recommend a select subset of databases which will give you access to articles in a wide variety of subject areas.
Computers, Printing, Scanning, Checking Out Books
Public kiosks are available for your use on the First Floor of Green East. The kiosks give you access to the catalog (Searchworks), and the Internet; however, they do not include word processing packages. There is a $.10/page charge for printing. To print from a library kiosk you must have a copy card. You can buy a copy card at the machine across from the Loan Desk for $1, but that only gives you a card (no pages). To put value on it for copying, you need to put in more money. The copy card machine takes bills up to $20.
Accessing and Checking out books: You will only be able to check out books from Green or our overflow libraries (SAL libraries). For books listed as being in Green Library, check Green Library Shelving Locations online. There are also wallet-sized shelving location guides at the IC desk that you can take with you. The Searchworks catalog records have links to "map" the location of items in Green Library.
Sometimes the item location will be "SAL". These items may be paged to Green Library by clicking on the link to "Page for delivery".
To check out a book, take it to the Loan Desk in Green East and fill out a slip. Counselors with borrowing privileges will check the book out for you at the end of the day. Do not check out government documents. Please leave government documents on the tables set up for you in the West Basement so that all may use them.
You will find photocopy machines throughout the building. On the first floor of Green East, there is one near the Current Periodicals, and 3 across from the Loan Desk.
- No copiers take change or bills. You must buy a copy card. There are no change machines in the library, nor can you get change at the loan or information center desk.
- You can buy a copy card at the machine across from the Loan Desk for $1, but that only gives you a card (no copies). To put value on it for copying, you need to put in more money. The copy card machine takes bills up to $20. The cost per xerox copy is $.13/page
- Copy cards can also be used to print from the public kiosks.
- There are public scanners in Green East attached to the public kiosk clusters that will copy and save to files (which can be emailed or saved on a flash drive). There is no cost for scanning.
- You can scan and copy microfilm to your flash drive, or email to yourself using a web-based email account.