Table of Contents
Selected Special Collections resources on Tel Aviv
Special collections materials are stored off campus and must be requested at least two business days ahead of use. For complete information please visit the Special Collections website: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/spc.html
Over a period of close to 40 years Eliasaf Robinson, one of the most prominent antiquarian booksellers in Israel, collected books, pamphlets, journals, documents, photographs, posters, maps, architectural plans, and ephemera relating to the early history of the "First Hebrew City," Tel Aviv. The collection includes several Ottoman land deeds (kushans) for lots purchased in 1909 by the first Jewish settlers, who built Tel Aviv as a new Jewish suburb outside of the Arab city of Jaffa.
Taken as a whole, these materials provide invaluable documentation on the political, economic, and cultural development of the Israeli metropolis during its formative decades.
Photographs of pipeline placing, canal digging, construction on the beach, workers and engineers. One album documents the sewage system through Trumpeldor street.
This collection includes printed programs and other ephemera relating to cultural events in Tel Aviv.
Books on Tel Aviv
Catalog of an exhibition held at the historic Turbine Hall at the Reading power station, Tel Aviv, April 17, 2002.
This report, commissioned by the Tel Aviv municipality in 1949, outlines a plan for a regional sewage treatment facility whereby treated
sludge would be used as fertilizer and the reclaimed water piped from the Yarkon river and used to irrigate the Negev desert.