Using the Music Library
- Books, scores, bound journals : Academic quarter for all students
- CDs and DVDs : seven days
- Limited Loan (M2 - M3, and ML29) : seven days for graduate students and faculty
- Reserves : four hours, unless otherwise noted
- Offsite storage: loan periods vary
Media fines for each barcoded item: The Music Library does not charge a daily overdue fine. However, on the seventh day overdue you are billed the standard replacement cost plus a $5.00 processing penalty. The $5.00 penalty remains after the item is returned or replaced.
Lost items: in lieu of a replacement fee, the Music Library may accept a replacement copy of an item approved by Mimi Tashiro, Music Bibliographer.
Interlibrary lending, please note: music master's theses and DMA term projects are not available for loan or reproduction.
Suggest the purchase of a recording, score or book.
Request a study carrel (for music graduate students)
Equipment includes kiosks, a photocopier, and a microfilm scanner (public access); and Mac clusters with extensive software offerings and a large-format color flatbed scanner (SUNeT ID required)
Food is not permitted in the Library. Drinks are OK. Please be careful.