Where's that whistling coming from that we keep hearing around Branner Library? It's our new Geospatial Manager, Stacey Maples. Stace is a self-described "geospatial Swiss Army knife." He considers his love of all things geospatial "pathological" and states that with great glee. Stace comes to us from Yale University where he was the Geographic Information Systems Specialist & Instruction Coordinator. He spent 9 years in the Map Department of Sterling Memorial Library working on GIS data collection development, directly helping students and faculty with their projects, provided technical support for geotechnologies in research and teaching, and created their GIS technology instruction program.
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Monday, February 23, 2015
HEADS UP is a campaign designed to inform the campus community of construction activity and to provide strategies for navigating safely, whether on foot or on wheels.
HIGHLIGHTS THIS WEEK (2/23 - 2/27)
- MEYER LIBRARY - CIRCULATION IMPACT - CLOSED PATHWAY:
- The pathway around the north-west corner of Meyer Library (closest to Cubberley) will be closed to all traffic from Monday 2/23 through Friday 2/27.
- Green Library remains accessible via pedestrian detours. Please follow signage.
- Several bike racks will be closed during this time. Please take note of any posted rack closures prior to parking your bike in this area.
- Please see the special bulletin for more details.
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
A data event for Stanford researchers about publishing, sharing, reproducibility, transparency, metadata, and reuse
Data Day 2015
Li Ka Shing Conference Center, Stanford
April 13, 2015
8am - 2pm
Stanford University Libraries invites you to celebrate Lithuania’s independence on March 11 at Cubberley Auditorium.
The evening will feature “The Other Dream Team,” a film about the remarkable story of the Lithuanian basketball team that won the 1992 Olympic Bronze medal less than a year after Lithuania broke away from the Soviet Union. The film director Marius Markevicius will be present to answer questions after the film.