REDWOOD CITY, CA and WASHINGTON D.C.
GeoScienceWorld (GSW) and HighWire Press, Inc. are pleased to announce the launch of GSW's new, modern, and fully integrated website. GeoScienceWorld.org now provides a single source for affordable access to top quality Earth science content from leading society publishers including eJournals, eBooks and GeoRef. In developing the new site with HighWire Press, GSW has prioritized the needs of its users, making the site navigation intuitive and optimizing its search functionality.
The powerful new site is cross searchable and interlinked with 157,000 articles in GSW's Millennium and Archive Journals Collections, 1,170+ eBooks and 3.9 million records from the American Geosciences Institute (AGI) GeoRef database.
"Working with HighWire, we have created an integrated research experience providing best-in-class access to journals, eBooks, and GeoRef records, spanning the geosciences," said Alix Vance, CEO of GeoScienceWorld. "We are especially excited about the site's crisp page designs, Earth science-specific faceted search capabilities, and faster search engine, along with our popular map-based search."
HighWire provides the latest in digital content development and hosting solutions to the scholarly community through its ground-breaking HighWire Open Platform. The platform brings high performance, reliability and engagement. HighWire's unrivaled account support and services ensure our clients' strategic objectives are met and that we bring value by sharing our industry knowledge and insight.
The newly improved GeoScienceWorld platform includes:
- Convenient and efficient access to eJournals, eBooks, and GeoRef, all on a single integrated platform
- Contemporary, user-tested design
- Improved search speed, search display, and enhanced advanced search functionality, including conditional search and clearly labeled GeoRef search parameters
- Enhanced faceted searching, with refinement and filtering options for results
- Improved cross-content referrals and better discovery of eBooks content
- New Google Maps-based advanced search feature with bounding coordinates
- New tab display for journal articles, allowing for quick scanning of content, images, and author information
- Intuitive type-ahead feature pulling from GeoRef Thesaurus terms and anticipating the users' search terms as they type
- New Librarian Center providing subscribers with a single location for managing their account, including registering, updating IP addresses, and accessing usage reports
- Updated single article purchase experience with new shopping cart functionality
"We are delighted to be working with GeoScienceWorld on what is truly a next generation integrated content platform. The JCore upgrade platform is uniquely engineered to manage GSW's journals, ebooks and GeoRef records. Our philosophy is to ensure that the user is center stage when designing and delivering the experience and that we maximize search and discoverability," said Dan Filby, CEO of HighWire. "We look forward to delivering meaningful value to GSW and its users in this long-term partnership."
GSW will continue to expand, refine, and improve the resources and functionality of the new site on an ongoing basis. Free trials are available to prospective institutional customers. Submit trial requests to the GSW website.
GeoScienceWorld (GSW) is a nonprofit collaborative and comprehensive Internet resource for research and communications in the Earth sciences. Built on a core database of peer-reviewed journals and eBooks, with the GeoRef index, GSW provides global researchers a single point of access to top-quality, expertly curated content, plus specialized searching capabilities and links to millions of relevant resources hosted elsewhere on the Web.
HighWire Press, Inc. delivers technology solutions to leading publishers that disseminate scholarly research worldwide. With offices in the US and the UK, HighWire provides strategic consulting, professional services and innovative open platform technologies. Product offerings include digital content development and hosting services; BenchPress, a peer-review manuscript submission system; and Vizors, a suite of visual analytics tools for publishing insights. HighWire website | Twitter: @highwirepress | Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org