(Tour groups meet at the Tours Start Here sign located outside of Green Library at the Greeter Table.)
- A Curated Tour of Green Library’s New Exhibit
Scripting the Sacred: Medieval Latin Manuscripts. The presentation will be in the Peterson Gallery & Munger Rotunda, 2nd Floor, Bing Wing, starting at 3:00pm.
- Book-Scanning Robot
See how our robotic page-turning book scanner works. 8 person limit; sign up outside Green Library at the Greeter Table. Tours will last 45-50 minutes, starting at: 1:15pm, 2:15pm, and 3:15pm.
- Born Digital/Forensic Lab
Learn how we preserve and provide access to born digital media such as computer hard drives, floppy disks, and CD-ROMs. Tours will start at: 2:30pm and 3:00pm.
- Map Imaging Lab
See the process of digitizing maps and other over-sized materials. Tours will start at: 2:00pm and 2:30pm.
- Stanford Mendicants will be performing live between 1:00 – 1:30pm.
- Stanford Talisman A Cappella will make a guest appearance, singing live on KZSU (98.1 fm) at 3:15pm.
- KZSU (98.1 fm), Stanford’s radio station will be broadcasting live, outside of Green Library’s east entrance, featuring some music from our Music Library Collection, hosting on-air interviews with students as well as some library experts from 1:00 – 4:00pm.
- Art & Architecture Library and the Visual Resources Center
- The Business Library
- Circulation & Reserves
- Cubberley Education Library
- Data Management and Stanford Digital Repository (SDR)
- Digital Humanities
- Digital Language Lab
- Digital Library Systems and Services (DLSS)
- Digital Manuscripts
- East Asia Library
- eBooks and eResources
- Geographic Information Systems GIS and Maps
- Hoover Library and Archives
- Information Center
- Lane Medical Library & Knowledge Management Center
- Library Web Site
- Media & Microtext
- Meyer Technology and Multimedia Services
- Music Library & Archive of Recorded Sound
- Protecting Our Collections
- Searchworks: the online catalog
- Science Libraries
- Social Science Data and Software (SSDS)
- Special Collections and University Archives
- Subject Librarians
- SUL in Second Life
- Tracking your Citations
Tuesday, October 9, 2012. 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Come to Green Library to find out about the amazing resources offered by campus Libraries and Academic Computing.
- Learn about our vast collections of books, films, data, e-resources, and more.
- Meet staff from the libraries on campus and talk to them about your project needs.
- Discover how to find databases in SearchWorks and how to search multiple databases with xSearch.
- See a demo of our book-scanning robot.
- Talk to experts about managing your citations using RefWorks, Mendeley, and Zotero.
- Enter the drawing to win fabulous prizes.
And much more...
Prizes and giveaways
- 1- Apple iPad*
- 1- Beats Solo™ HD On-Ear Headphone*
- Autographed books from the 2012 Saroyan Prize for Writing
You will need to register online at the Library Open House to be entered into the drawing but you do not have to be present to win. (Apologies, but library staff are ineligible.)
Tasty treats will make the list of giveaways this year. Thanks to Coupa Cafe for generously donating many of the delectable items.
*Subject to federal taxes.