Resources: Workshops, Consultations, Tutorials and more
R workshops and events
- Introduction to R. Tuesday October 2, 2018, 2-4pm. IC Classroom, Green Library. The workshops is free, but seating is limited. Please register here.
- Repeat: Introduction to R. Monday October 8, 2018, 2-4pm. Tierney Room, Green Library. The workshops is free, but seating is limited. Please register here.
- Data Wrangling in R with Tidyverse. Tuesday October 16, 2018, 2-4pm. East Asian Library, Lathrop, Room 224. The workshops is free, but seating is limited. Please register here.
- Reproducible Research with R and more at the Third Annual Gear Up for Social Science Data, Friday October 19, 2018
- 2-day R/Git/Shell Workshop January 23-24, 2019. Hartley Conference Center, Mitchell Earth Sciences Building. Fee: $25. Registration opens Nov. 15.
- R Open Lab, every Wednesday from 3-5pm during Fall/Winter/Spring quarters, Velma Denning Room, Green Library (except dead week and breaks)
- Social Science Data and Software walk-in consulting
NEW! Farmshare Consulting once a month on Tuesdays from 2-4pm, Velma Denning Room, Green Library.
- Geospatial analysis consulting
- Stanford Library Data Services (online request for help)
Where to start
There are countless resources out there about R. Here are just a few pointers to get you started.
- An Introduction to Statistical and Data Sciences via RInteractive Tutorials for R
- Lynda: R Training and Tutorials (free for Stanford Affiliates)
- Code School - Try R
- R for Data Science
- R Tutorials in Data Science
- A curated list of awesome R packages, frameworks and software
- An Introduction to R - Manual
Stanford provided online tutorials and help documents
- R tutorial to work with Stanford Open Policing project data
- Introduction to social network visualization with R
- Slides and Materials from Introductory R Workshop
- Materials from Spatial R Workshops
- Using SUL provided databases from R
- Datavisualization with R
- Using R with the Stanford Digital Repository
- Using R for Windows and Macintosh
- Using Stata and R in Barley
- Resources for Learning R
- Introduction to Packages in R
- Social Network Analysis in R
- Using R/Deducer for Statistics and Graphics in Medicine
- Using R for Statistics and Graphics (SUNet ID required)
- Using R for Graphics Programming (SUNet ID required)
- Using R with Redcap: An Introduction to Secure Data Collection and Analysis (SUNet ID required)
- GIS in R
- R Tutorials
- Social Data Research Rally 2016 Session Notes: Shiny by RStudio, Big Data in R, R or Python
- Stanford International useR! conference 2016 videos
Books and other library resources
- R books available at the library
- Datasets available at the library
- Earthworks - a portal for finding geospatial data