EndNote and EndNote Web
EndNote is software package for creating bibliographies and managing references. Most of Stanford's research databases allow you to export citations into EndNote.
There are three versions available:
- EndNote Basic is a free basic web version.
- EndNote Web is a web-based version of EndNote available to Stanford faculty, students, and staff as part of our subscription to Web of Knowledge. Note that not all of the features available in the standalone version of EndNote are available in EndNote Web.
- EndNote is also available in a stand-alone personal computer format. You can purchase the most current version at the Stanford Bookstore or elsewhere.
To create an EndNote Web account:
1. Navigate to ISI Web of Knowledge.
2. Look for the "SIGN IN" link in the upper right of the screen.
3. Follow the prompts and create a username and password for ISI Web of Knowledge.
4. Return to the ISI home page and click the "My EndNote Web" link in the upper right of the screen.
5. Sign in with the username and password you just created.
6. You will need to agree to the terms and conditions before using the service.
7. You may want to check out EndNote Web training as well.
Note: If you already have EndNote installed on your computer, you can transfer references to and from libraries with EndNote Web. Transfers are initiated through EndNote.
Documentation and tutorials:
EndNote and EndNote Web workshops
- Fast Start (July 30, 10:00 am San Francisco / 1:00 pm New York / 7:00 pm Geneva)
- EndNote Desktop (July 31, 10:00 am San Francisco / 1:00 pm New York / 7:00 pm Geneva)
- Fast Start (July 25, 9:00 am Sydney)
- Video: EndNote iPad - Importing Records Using Safari
- Fast Start (July 24, 4:00 pm San Francisco / 7:00 pm New York)