We are pleased to announce that a campus-wide site license is available for the CrystalMaker software package which includes three programs: CrystalMaker, CrystalDiffract, and SingleCrystal. Both Mac and PC versions are available (but not Linux). After installing the software on your personal computer, you do not need to be connected to the Internet in order to use it.
License keys: License keys are only available to current students, faculty, and staff at Stanford. To get the license keys, please send a request to Grace Baysinger (graceb[at]stanford.edu), Aparna Sharma (aparna.sharma[at]stanford.edu), or Cristina Flores-Herrera (cfloresh[at]stanford.edu) using your @Stanford email address. Please also include your Stanford ID number in the request. Be sure to specify the version (Mac or PC) plus the name of the software program(s) you want as there is a different license key for each one.
Help: Go to the Support page to view tutorials, find a crystal structure, participate in user forums, and to get technical help.
About CrystalMaker software
CrystalMaker software is used for research & teaching in chemistry, solid-state physics, materials science, mineralogy and crystallography. their products are used to:
- Build, display & manipulate all kinds of crystal and molecular structures.
- Design new materials and relax their structures.
- Animate structural behaviour; generate video for teaching or presentations.
- 3D Print models; create rotatable 3D models for iPhone, iPad.
- Simulate diffraction properties for powders and single crystals.