Swain Chemistry & Chemical Engineering Library
RSC's Gold OA vouchers
RSC's Gold for Gold Open Access Publishing Initiative
At a glance:
- Journal articles must be accepted or published to be eligible for a free open access voucher.
- One author should be a current faculty member, lecturer, or instructor at Stanford University.
- Only one voucher may be available annually for a lab group.
- The vouchers we received for 2016 can only be used for papers accepted in 2016.
- To request a voucher code, please forward a copy of the acceptance letter or send the citation and DOI for a published article to Grace Baysinger (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- After getting a voucher code, a corresponding author for an article will need to complete:
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) recognizes that researchers are often being asked to publish Open Access (OA), but do not have the funding to pay for it directly. To continue to support the funder-led evolution to Gold OA, and following successful feedback to a UK pilot program, RSC's Gold for Gold initiative now rewards all institutions in North America that subscribe to RSC Gold with vouchers to make papers available via OA, free of charge. Gold for Gold ensures academics can further increase the visibility of their quality research, while raising their institution's reputation.
As a subscribing institution to RSC's Gold Package, the Stanford University Libraries have a limited number vouchers to offer Stanford researchers for OA publishing on a first-come/first-serve basis. Each voucher code can be used to publish a communication, full paper, or review under the RSC’s Gold Open Access option.
Who is eligible?
To be considered for the OA Gold for Gold publishing voucher:
- The article must be a new, unpublished work that has received final approval for publication in a RSC journal. A voucher code cannot be used until an article has been accepted.
- One of the authors for the article has a current status of faculty, lecturer, or instructor at Stanford University.
- Only one Gold for Gold voucher may be granted to an individual in a calendar year.
How does it work?
- Once a manuscript has received final approval for publication, an author should request a Gold for Gold voucher code from Grace Baysinger, Swain Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Librarian, who is overseeing the dissemination of the voucher codes. The author should then include the voucher code when they complete the Gold for Gold Application form and sign a new License to Publish Agreement.
- While the article is being copy-edited, typeset and proofread, the voucher code will be authenticated. Upon publication, the article will be accessible to everyone.
- We have a limited number of voucher codes, and they will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Voucher codes are provided only after your article has been accepted for publication.
- Voucher codes for 2015 must be submitted by March 31, 2016.
- Gold for Gold FAQs
Please contact Grace Baysinger (email@example.com).