Swain Chemistry & Chemical Engineering Library
Swain library floor plan
Organic Chemistry building
To locate items, note the call number and location in the SearchWorks record. The Swain Library has several shelving locations: Serials, Stacks, Reference, and Reserves. Please ask staff for assistance if you are unable to locate needed items.
- Journals are shelved in Stacks area.
- Current issues of journals are displayed in the main hallway.
- Some older volumes are shelved in Stacks area, located in the first room to the right off of the main hallway.
- Rest of the journals are stored at the auxiliary library, SAL3. Delivery of these journals may be requested through SearchWorks.
- Books are shelved by call number in the Stacks area, located in the first room to the right off of the main hallway.
- Reference materials are shelved by call number in the Reference room, the first room to the left off of the main hallway.
- Dissertations and Theses are stored in the Stanford Auxiliary Libraries (SAL3) Delivery of theses may be requested through SearchWorks.
- Reserve materials may be requested at the circulation desk.
- Safety Collection of handbooks and other materials on lab safety is available in the middle right side of the library.
- MicroFilm/Fiche are located in the filing cabinet drawers in the computer room, the first room to the left off of the library entrance.