Swain Chemistry & Chemical Engineering Library
CSD download and conditions of use
The Cambridge Structural Database (CSD), associated software systems (including ConQuest) and documentation are proprietary products in which the rights are held by the Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre (CCDC) located at 12, Union Road, Cambridge, CB2 1EZ. UK. Access is limited to current students, postdoctoral fellows, faculty, visiting scholars, or staff members of Stanford University.
- The CSD and the CSD system shall not be used in conjunction with any consulting or joint project with any non-academic organization without prior written permission of the CCDC.
- The CSD and the CSD System (including downloaded data, manuals, results, and printed products) shall be used exclusively for the purpose of scientific teaching and research, which may include research such as, for example, into drug development or drug modifications capable of commercial exploitation. The results of such research may be published through the normal academic channels, subject to the inclusion of a proper acknowledgement to the CCDC.
- The organization shall take every reasonable precaution to ensure that data held in the CSD or information derived or obtained from, or by the use of, the CSD or the CSD System is not (whether separately or in combination with other material) distributed or otherwise exploited (except through the product of scientific research as stated above) on a commercial or for-profit basis whether in printed, photographic, computer-readable or other form, without prior written permission from the CCDC. This restriction applies in particular, but not exclusively, to data compilations, educational aids, fragment libraries and software systems.
- The organization may develop for its own use, software systems based on the CSD or the CSD System or subfiles derived thereof. External distribution of such systems requires prior written permissions of the CCDC.
- The following reference should be quoted in all publications based on this license of access (i.e., Stanford’s license agreement to the CSD): “3D Search and Research using the Cambridge Structural Database. Allen, F.H., Kennard, O., Chemical Design Automation News (1993) 8: 31–37.”
- I do not accept
- I accept (download PC version)
- I accept (download Mac version)
- I accept (download Unix/Linux version)
CSDS for PC, Mac and Unix/Linux installation CD-ROMs may be requested at Swain Library’s reserve desk.