Swain Chemistry & Chemical Engineering Library
- ChemBioOffice Ultra --> ChemOffice Professional 15 is now available. Be sure to check out the system requirements.
- ChemDraw Professional can be used to directly initiate a search in SciFinder (see press release).
- Our site license includes free access to ChemDraw for iPad, CDSL. The Chem3D app is available for free in iTunes.
- Our campus-wide license agreement was just renewed for two years. The new expiration date is 1/30/2017.
Stanford site license for ChemOffice Professional (PC) and ChemDraw Professional (Mac)
The Swain Library has purchased a campus-wide site license to ChemOffice Professional, a chemistry and biology suite by CambridgeSoft (PerkinElmer). For Macs, only ChemDraw Professional is available. Our site license allows all current Stanford students, faculty, and staff to download the program for free to their home, office, or personal computer. After installation, no Internet connection is required for use.
Brief instructions are below.
1. Account verification: go to CambridgeSoft’s site license page and enter your Stanford domain email address. Valid domains include:
Please also note that each user must verify their account once for each license period (January 20, 2015 – January 30, 2017). If you do not verify your account, no Registration Codes will appear in the “My Downloads” section of your CambridgeSoft account.
You can download the software during the Account Verification process and you should get an email message from PerkinElmer that contains the Registration Code. If you do not receive this email in a minute or two, then please register and/or sign in to your account on CambridgeSoft’s website in order to get the Registration Code (see below).
If you are using an older computer or operating system, please check the system requirements and compatibility notes to make sure the new version of the software will work on your computer. If not, you may need to reactivate the older version of the software instead.
2. Create account/login to CambridgeSoft website:
- Login to the CambridgeSoft website
- See “Services” list on middle right side of My Account page.
- Download software: click on “My Site License”
- Get registration code: click on “My Downloads.” Copy the Registration Code for use during the installation process.
3. Install and activate software:
- Paste Registration Code when prompted during the installation process.
- Activate the software:
- Mac: Go to ChemDraw Professional in menu bar and choose Activate.
- Windows: Go to Help in menu bar and choose Activate.
- For more details, please see CambridgeSoft’s detailed activation instructions
Reactivate installed software with an expired registration code
- Get new Registration Code: login to the CambridgeSoft website and click on “My Downloads” from the “My Account” page to get a new registration key.
- Launch software and then copy and paste Registration Code for ChemBioOffice Ultra or ChemBioDraw Ultra. After launching program:
- Mac: go to ChemBioDraw Ultra in menu bar and choose Activate.
- Windows: go to Help in menu bar and choose Activate.
Access software without downloading it
- Cluster computers: this software is already installed on 700 computers located in libraries, residences, and computer clusters managed by Academic Computing.
Documentation and training materials
Go to the Materials section of the Science and Engineering Libraries Training site in CourseWork. Access to training materials is limited to current students, faculty, and staff at Stanford.
- CambridgeSoft technical support: FAQs, compatibility notes, forum, etc.
- CambridgeSoft downloads: application patches
- CambridgeSoft ChemBioNews: includes some tips and tricks
For questions or assistance, please contact Grace Baysinger (firstname.lastname@example.org, 650-725-1039).