Access policies described here apply to the Stanford University Libraries. Coordinate libraries (e.g., Business, Law, Hoover, Medical) and department libraries (Classics, Philosophy) may have separate access requirements and borrowing policies; consult them directly for information about using their facilities and resources.
Who can access Stanford Libraries?
- Faculty, students, staff, and their spouses and partners
- Fellows, Postdocs, and Visiting Scholars
- Courtesy cardholders
- Stanford Alumni
- Hospital clinicians and staff
- Continuing Studies and summer program participants
- Cooperative program participants (RSP and RLCP)
- Library individual and corporate members
Note: Some libraries require an ID card or visitor pass for entry: Green Library (main library); Art & Architecture Library; SAL1&2; Special Collections (located in Green Library).