Access and privileges
Short-term Visiting Scholars
Visiting Scholars who do not have an official sponsorship by a Stanford University department may visit the library as members of the public.
Visiting Scholars with a Stanford sponsorship by a Stanford department for a visit shorter than 90 days may apply for a SUL Card by completing the SUL Short-term Visiting Scholar Application. If approved, the Visiting Scholar will be invited to visit Prvileges in Green Library to be issued a SUL Card. The SUL Card:
- Allows building access only (no borrowing privileges), unless the residency is more than four weeks
- Requires a government-issued photo ID
- Does not include off-campus access to online library resources
Visiting Scholars with appointments longer than 90 days are eligible for Campus ID cards. Detailed information can be found on the Visiting Scholar page.
A wireless network is available across campus, including inside the libraries, for both Stanford affiliates and visitors. Guest wireless does not include access to licensed online content and databases.
- Campus ID Card holders
- Privileges for university & library affiliates
- Visitor access and borrowing
- Lockers and assigned study spaces
- Proxy borrowing
- Cards for access & borrowing
- Borrower responsibilities
- Libraries with special policies
- Lost your card?
- Suspended privileges