Browser-specific configuration is required to access SUL's restricted databases, electronic journals, or e-books from off-campus locations. These pages offer instructions for various operating systems and web browsers.
iPhone / iPad
Configuring iPhone and iPad for off-campus access
- Tap the Settings icon on the home screen.
- Tap Wi-Fi (Proxy settings can only be enabled though a wi-fi network at this time).
- Tap the blue arrow next to the specific Network you would like to configure for proxy access.
- Scroll to the bottom of the configuration screen and tap the Auto button under HTTP Proxy.
- In the URL field, enter the following value:
- Press the Home button and tap the Safari icon to begin browsing.
Note about on-campus access
With your browser configured as described above, you will be prompted for your SUNet ID and password each time you access a licensed resource, even when you are on campus. If you would prefer to avoid this, revert your browser settings as follows:
- Return to Wi-Fi settings for the Stanford network as described above;
- Tap Off under HTTP Proxy
- Close all settings windows.