Browser-specific configuration is required to access SUL's restricted databases, electronic journals, or e-books from off-campus locations. These pages offer instructions for various operating systems and web browsers.
MacOS - Firefox
Configuring Firefox 6.x/7.x on Macintosh for off-campus access
- Click on the Firefox Menu, then click Preferences.
- Click the Advanced icon and then click on the Network tab.
- Click the Settings button in the Connection section of the window.
- In the Configure Proxies to Access the Internet window, select Automatic proxy configuration URL.
- Enter this URL in the box below. (This URL must be entered exactly with no spaces):
- Click OK and close all configuration windows.
Note about on-campus access
With your browser configured as described above, you will be prompted for your SUNet ID and password each time you access a licensed resource, even when you are on campus. If you would prefer to avoid this, revert your browser settings as follows:
- Return to the Configure Proxies to Access the Internet window as described above
- Select Use System Proxy Settings
- Click OK, then closed all configuration windows.