Browser-specific configuration is required to access SUL's restricted databases, electronic journals, or e-books from off-campus locations. These pages offer instructions for various operating systems and web browsers.
MacOS - Safari
Configuring Safari 4.x/5.x on Macintosh for off-campus access
- Click the Safari Menu, then click Preferences.
- Click the Advanced icon tab.
- Next to Proxies click the Change Settings button.
- When the Network configuration window opens, click Proxies in the top navigation bar.
- Check the Automatic Proxy Configuration checkbox.
- When the Proxy Configuration File section appears, enter the following URL. (This URL must be copied exactly with no spaces):
- Click OK, click Apply, then close all configuration windows.
Note about on-campus access
With your browser configured as described above, you will be prompted for your SUNet ID and password each time you access a licensed resource, even when you are on campus. If you would prefer to avoid this, revert your browser settings as follows:
- Return to the Proxies section of the Network configuration window as described above.
- Uncheck the Automatic Proxy Configuration Script checkbox.
- click OK, click Apply, then close all configuration windows.