We can help you borrow books, articles, or other materials that Stanford does not have (so be sure to check SearchWorks or consult with a librarian first!). Check to make sure that you're eligible to use interlibrary services and that the materials are eligible to be borrowed.
During winter closure, December 21, 2013-January 5, 2014, patrons may submit RLCP and ILB requests. Processing of requests submitted during the winter closure will begin on Monday, January 6, 2014.
Stanford patrons: Do not return materials loaned by non-Stanford libraries to campus bookdrops. Return materials to the Green Circulation Desk. Request a return receipt.
Can I use these services?
ILB: All faculty, students, staff, and visiting scholars can use Interlibrary Borrowing
- Interlibrary borrowing requests must support teaching, learning, research, or other University-related work.
- Registration is required the first time you use Interlibrary Borrowing.
RLCP: Only graduate students, faculty, and academic staff can use RLCP
- The Research Library Cooperative Program (RLCP) allows Stanford faculty, academic staff, and graduate students to request materials directly from UC Berkeley or UT Austin.
- Visiting scholars, non-academic staff, and undergraduates are not eligible to use RLCP.
- RLCP service is fast because requests go directly to the cooperating library.
- RLCP materials are checked out directly to you; you must contact the lending library yourself for renewals, recalls, fines, etc. Stanford's Interlibrary Borrowing is a separate service and will not have a record of your RLCP transactions.