We can help you borrow books, articles, or other materials that Stanford does not have (so be sure to check SearchWorks or consult with a librarian first!). Check to make sure that you're eligible to use interlibrary services and that the materials are eligible to be borrowed.
During winter closure, December 21, 2013-January 5, 2014, patrons may submit RLCP and ILB requests. Processing of requests submitted during the winter closure will begin on Monday, January 6, 2014.
Stanford patrons: Do not return materials loaned by non-Stanford libraries to campus bookdrops. Return materials to the Green Circulation Desk. Request a return receipt.
Electronic Document Delivery
To retrieve your Electronic Document Delivery (EDD) documents
1. You will be notified by email when your document is ready for delivery. You can then access them using the Electronic Document Delivery form:
- Enter your complete email address, as it reads in the "To:" header of your email notification.
- Enter your PIN number (without brackets) that was sent in your email notification.
- Click the LOGIN box.
2. Electronic copies are subject to Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code). Patrons using EDD agree to comply with copyright restrictions for digital copies and library materials.
3. Adobe Acrobat Reader (4.0 or higher) must be installed to read your electronic document.
4. Your documents are accessible online for twenty-one days after your first e-mail notification.
Electronic Document Delivery (EDD) Troubleshooting
Please try the tips below if you have problems accessing your document.
1. “You do not have any available documents” error message
- Try to copy and paste from your email notification instead of manually typing information into the form.
- Email and PIN number fields are case sensitive.
- Enter the PIN number without brackets.
2. Nothing happens when you logon.
- Try a different browser or different computer.
- Make sure your browser is up to date.
3. Adobe Acrobat Reader "file does not begin with %pdf..." error message
- Confirm that Acrobat Reader is installed or download and install it (it is free).
- Open your electronic document in Acrobat Reader, rather than inside your browser.
- Choose "File."
- Select "Print."
- Check option: "Print as an Image".
5. Need more help?
- For RLCP documents, contact the RLCP unit of the lending university
- Stanford University RLCP: email or 1-650-723-3278
- University of California, Berkeley RLCP: email or 1-510-642-2538
- University of Texas, Austin RLCP: email or 1-512-495-4132
- All others, contact Stanford Interlibrary Borrowing department: email or 1-650-723-1278