We can help you borrow books, articles, or other materials that Stanford does not have (so be sure to check SearchWorks or consult with a librarian first!). Check to make sure that you're eligible to use interlibrary services and that the materials are eligible to be borrowed.
During winter closure, December 20, 2014-January 4, 2015, patrons can submit Interlibrary Borrowing (ILB) requests. Processing requests and renewals, submitted during the closure, will begin on Monday, January 5, 2015. (Please review RLCP pages for separate winter closure information.)
Please do not return materials loaned by non-Stanford libraries to campus bookdrops. Return materials to the Green Circulation Desk. Request a return receipt. Beginning on Monday, January 5, 2015, materials returned during the closure will be shipped to the various lending libraries.
Stanford RLCP and Interlibrary Services wishes everyone a restful winter break.
Renew an item
Lending libraries set the loan periods. To renew an item, refer to the appropriate section below. Materials are always subject to recall by the lending library; return recalled items immediately. You're responsible for fines the lending library charges for lost or overdue items.
Interlibrary Borrowing Renewals
- These items may usually be renewed at least once.
- Request a renewal (before the due date) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. List each book by transaction number (TN) and title. Log into your ILB account to verify the new due date. If the material cannot be renewed, ILB will contact you to return the book.
RLCP Renewals (UC Berkeley items)
- If you've never set up a PIN through My OskiCat, follow these three steps first:
- Go to My OskiCat - Patron/PIN login.
- Enter your name, Stanford Library ID, and the generic PIN number 3403. (You can use your SUID number instead of your Library ID if you preface it with "SU." For example: SU01010203.)
- Click "Modify PIN" to customize your PIN. If you run into problems, call UC Berkeley RLCP at (510) 642-5425
- Renew items
- Go to My OskiCat - Patron/PIN login and log in. My OskiCat will display your borrowed items.
- To renew all materials at once, click "Renew All."
- To renew selected items, check the box beside the title(s) you want to renew, then click "Renew Selected." Your new due date will appear in the STATUS column.
RLCP Renewals (UT Austin items)
- Email RLCP@lib.utexas.edu with each item's author, title, and barcode number. You'll receive the new due dates by email.