"Interlibrary lending" (ILL) pertains to materials that Stanford Libraries loans to other libraries and institutions. We cannot supply materials directly to individuals; a library must serve as an intermediary (except for UC Berkeley and UT Austin patrons through the RLCP program). To request an item, contact the interlibrary borrowing services of your local academic, public, company, or other library.
If you are a Stanford patron and wish to borrow from another library, see Interlibrary borrowing.
During winter closure, December 21, 2013-January 5, 2014, patrons may submit RLCP and ILB requests. Processing of requests submitted during the winter closure will begin on Monday, January 6, 2014.
Stanford patrons: Do not return materials loaned by non-Stanford libraries to campus bookdrops. Return materials to the Green Circulation Desk. Request a return receipt.
Requesting items from Stanford University Libraries
UC Berkeley and UT Austin
UC Berkeley and UT Austin faculty, graduate students, and academic staff can borrow through the Research Library Cooperative Program (RLCP).
Other libraries and institutions
To request an item, first verify the holding library and call number in SearchWorks.
If the item is held by one of the five libraries listed below, you will need to contact them directly.
- Law Library (Robert Crown): Interlibrary Loan Services
- Business Library: Interlibrary Loan Request
- Medical Library (Lane): Document Delivery Services
- SLAC Research Library: Request Form
- Miller Library at Hopkins Marine Station
If the item is at another Stanford library:
- Libraries, organizations, and companies may request materials using our electronic request forms.
- Requests must include the call number and the holding SUL library. Verify citations via SearchWorks.
To request an item, contact the interlibrary borrowing services of your local academic, public, company, or other library. We cannot supply materials directly to individuals; a library must serve as an intermediary.