Leland and Jane Stanford papers available via SDR
The University Archives is pleased to announce that large portions of both the Leland Stanford Papers and Jane Stanford Papers are now available online via the Stanford Digital Repository (SDR). Totalling more than 4,000 pages of material, the online content includes correspondence, business and legal papers, death and estate papers, and university records.
Highlights from Leland's papers include:
- Correspondence with Rutherford B. Hayes
- Correspondence with Frederick Law Olmstead
- Opening day speech
- Central Pacific Railroad printed documents
Highlights from Jane's papers include:
- Correspondence with Susan B. Anthony
- (Undelivered) opening day speech
- Coroner's inquest in re: Death of Jane L. Stanford
- Letters and papers concerning Jane's death
The University Archives continues to scan material from both collections and will post new items online as they are ready.