Starting Fall 2022, the Stanford University Libraries will be implementing Aeon, our new library and archives request system for special collections items. This system will replace our current request forms for reading rooms across Stanford Libraries, including the Department of Special Collections, The David Rumsey Map Center, East Asia Library Special Collections, and the Archive of Recorded Sound.
With Aeon, users can create a researcher account, which will allow them to:
- Fill out registration and request forms online, prior to arrival in the reading rooms
- Submit requests directly from SearchWorks, our library catalog, or from our finding
- aids on the Online Archive of California (OAC)
- Save requests for future submissions and duplicate requests for repeat visits
- Submit requests for duplication of library or archival materials
- Track the status of current requests and access detailed information about past requests
Stay tuned for more information!