The Puhvel library consists of over 13,000 books and periodicals pertaining to Estonian and Baltic history, culture, society, politics, and economy. As such, the library makes a tremendous addition to Stanford Libraries' Estonian and Baltic collection.
Blog topic: New acquisitions
New database alert! Stanford Libraries has just started a subscription to RetroNews.fr, a full text database of the French periodical press. It covers the time period 1631-1950, with contents spanning from the first French newspaper, La Gazette, through World War II and the beginning of the Fourth Republic.
ACS in Focus ebooks are:
- Four to eight hour primers for beginning and seasoned scientists that need a quick start to a topic outside of their expertise.
- Topics include emerging and cross-disciplinary subjects not traditionally taught in an undergraduate chemistry curriculum.
- In an instructional setting, these works bridge the gap between textbooks and literature.
- Digital-only to take advantage of hyperlinks, pop-up glossary, videos, and animations.
- eReader is part of ACS Publications content suite and enables the reader to learn when it suits them, on or offline.
Access ACS in Focus (limited to current students, postdocs, faculty, and staff at Stanford).
Interested in being an author for this series? See Call for Authors for ACS in Focus series.
Please note that content for this blog article was provided by ACS Publications to make sharing information with you faster and easier and as a way to help librarians learn more about this series.
Watch video and learn more.
How many of us first developed an understanding of the Indian subcontinent and its peoples from the writings of Vikram Seth, Salman Rushdie or Rohinton Mistry? Their stories, A Suitable Boy, Midnight's Children and A Fine Balance, introduced the rest of the world to the socio-political tensions fomenting in India since its independence from Britain in 1947.
For several years in the early 1980s, Stanford hosted the Martin Luther King Jr. International Freedom Games, an invitational track meet dedicated to the legacy of MLK Jr., and benefiting the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. ...