Recently a film director from the BBC visited the Stanford Libraries while seeking content for a documentary related to the noted cetacean researcher and activist John C. Lilly (1915-2001).
Science of Synthesis (SoS) provides a critical review of synthetic methodology developed to-date in the fields of organic and organometallic chemistry. Features include:
- Selection of molecular transformations by world-renowned experts with elaboration on scope and limitations
- Full-text descriptions of synthetic methods with practical experimental procedures immediately applicable in the lab
- Community of over 1,000 experts involved in the review and updating of methods
- Logical organization of the synthetic methods for each functional group
- Intuitive search functions to allow rapid lead generation and route optimization
In December, approximately 366,000, files representing over 43,000 items were accessioned into the Stanford Digital Repository (SDR). These materials include -- but are not limited to -- items from the Jarnydce Collection, TRAIL Maps Project, and the Revs Digital Library.
The Winter Quarter exhibit in the Music Library features six string quartet scores. Two are fairly traditional examples (Boccherini and Mozart), and four are contemporary scores, notable for the imaginative treatments they provide (Crumb, Ferneyhough, Brown, and Stockhausen). QR codes link to audio files for each work.
Our data management services web site is all new and improved, and we invite you to check it out, have a browse, learn something new, and tell us what you think!
We have expanded the existing content, added tons of new and useful information, and reorganized everything to make it all easier for you to find and use.