In February approximately 7,000 objects representing six collections were accessioned to the Stanford Digital Repository (SDR), bringing the total number of objects in SDR to nearly 250,000.
- Buckminster Fuller collection: 5,200 slides
- Kitai topographical maps: 1,600 maps
- McLaughlin Maps, California as an Island: 114 maps
- R. Stuart Hummel collection: 52 items
- Eliasaf Robinson collection addendum: 1 gazette
- Islamic prayer book, 1228 H: 1 manuscript
More details, including links to sample images are listed below.
Inclusion in the Stanford Digital Repository ensures that these materials are available to researchers and scholars (while upholding appropriate access restrictions), now and in the future through a secure, sustainable stewardship environment.
While many of these objects are already discoverable via SearchWorks others will get SearchWorks records in the coming months. However, all materials are currently available via the item’s PURL (a persistent URL which ensure that these materials are available from a single URL over the long-term, regardless of changes in file location or application technology).