Earth Science eBooks
eBooks available through SearchWorks
Click below to see the results of a search for online books (ebooks) available to Stanford students, faculty, staff and affiliates. To limit by topic (such as environmental sciences, energy or the geosciences), click on "Topic" on the left navigation bar.
eBooks by Publisher
Many ebooks relevant to Earth Sciences are now available via Knovel and MyiLibrary, along with full text ebooks from Elsevier at ScienceDirect. For a complete List of American Geophysical Union (AGU) ebooks (available via Wiley Online Library) see below.
- Field Trip Guidebooks Field Guides feature guides from field trips held at GSA meetings and those of other organizations. Well-illustrated papers include detailed road logs and maps.
- Geophysical Monograph Series Published by the American Geophysical Union, the Geophysical Monograph Series encompasses all of the scientific areas of concern to the Union. It publishes monographic works and compilations of papers on a single topic. Volumes frequently focus on multidisciplinary problems.
- Short Courses in Geology Background material and courses aimed at geologists and solid Earth geophysicists.
- Special Publications Special Publications by their special focus, intended audience, or expected useful lives are not included in one of the AGU book series.
- Water Resources Monograph An AGU series disseminating current expertise in hydrology and water resources planning and management to those engaged in the day-to-day problem of water resources development.
Book chapters and articles which are displayed as HTML inside a frame or require proprietary software do not download gracefully to any devices.
Handbooks in science and engineering covering a variety of subjects including: Biochemistry; Biology & Biotechnology; Chemistry & Chemical Engineering; Civil Engineering & Construction Materials; Electrical & Power Engineering; Environment & Environmental Engineering; and Metals & Metallurgy. Download chapters to PDF.
Multidisciplinary resource. Includes books from all the following publishers: Cambridge University Press; Elsevier Science & Technology; Greenwood Publishing Group; Humana Press Oxford University Press; Oxford University Press USA; Springer; and Taylor & Francis
National Academies Press ebooks
Freely available ebooks. Download book or chapters to PDF. For subject specific resources, try:
Safari Books Online
Titles in Math and Science - including topics in Energy. The Safari mobile app is only available for Safari individual subscribers, not institutional users.
Includes titles in the Earth Sciences and Environmental Sciences. Note: Not all titles are available look for the open lock indicator. Tables of contents and index chapters, will sometimes open even for unsubscribed books. Download chapters to PDF.