Dissertations & Theses
Print copies of theses and dissertations for the School of Earth Sciences are located in the Branner Earth Sciences. They are bound in red, shelved alphabetically by author and located in the stacks closest to the Stanford Geospatial Center. Many dissertations written after 2009 are available digitally in SearchWorks.
School of Earth Sciences Masters's Theses and student reports are located in Branner Library Locked Stacks.
School of Earth Sciences Honor's Theses are located in Special Collections/University Archives; this collection is open for research; materials must be requested at least 48 hours in advance of intended use.
SearchWorks search for other faculty and student papers, by program:
- Stanford University. Department of Geophysics
- Stanford University, Department of Geological and Environmental Sciences (GES)
- Stanford University, Department of Energy Resources Engineering (ERE)
- Stanford University. Department of Environmental Earth System Science (EESS)
- Stanford University, Emmett Interdisciplinary Program in Environment and Resources (E-IPER)
Find other Stanford dissertations and theses
All Stanford dissertations and theses are listed in SearchWorks.
To search for a Stanford dissertation, do a general search in SearchWorks, and then limit to Thesis under the format options on the left side of the screen.
Most Stanford dissertations written between 1989-2009 are available as PDFs from ProQuest. These can be accessed directly from Dissertations & Theses@Stanford, or from a link in the Searchworks record for individual dissertations. Dissertations written after 2009 are available digitally in SearchWorks.