Digital Initiatives Group (DIG)
The Digital Initiatives Group (DIG) facilitates communication, assessment, collaboration, and knowledge about digital library services and collections across the Stanford University Libraries (SUL).
DIG’s extended cohort, DIG+Plus, provides a forum for ideas and a clearinghouse for digital initiatives in order to build bridges among library units by sharing expertise, experience, and enthusiasm.
Specific Responsibilities of DIG:
- Support acquisition, discovery, and analysis of social science data
- Support creation, acquisition, use, and long-term curation of digital text and image collections
- Support patron studies and project assessment design and analysis
- Coordinate top-level library communication efforts to include top-level websites, SUL News, external publications, publicity, and signage
- Support patron use of technology in libraries, with special emphasis on emerging technologies