CIDR Bash and GitHub
Date and Time
November 7, 2022
9:00am to 12:00pm
Stanford University Libraries
In the first half of this workshop you will learn how to use the Bash programming language to interface with your computer's operating system and perform basic actions to navigate your file system and create and edit files and directories. In the second half you will apply these principles to use the collaborative version tracking platform GitHub to store your coding projects.
This is a Hybrid workshop! Upon registering you can select to attend in-person (Velma Denning Room, 120F Green Library) or via Zoom.
- Basic familiarity with computers
Before the workshop - Mac users
- Make sure you have the Xcode developer toolset installed. Open a Terminal and type
- When asked if you want to install the command line developer tools, click "yes/install"
Before the workshop - Windows users
- Install git/gitbash by clicking here: https://git-scm.com/downloads
- Download the file and double-click it to run the installer
Workshop materials: coming soon