Data Analysis and Visualization with Out-of-the-box Tools
Learn about existing, easy-to-use digital tools for analyzing and visualizing data. No coding required! Please bring a laptop.
- Organize, format, and clean data with OpenRefine (maybe better under the managing data topic?)
- Perform distant reading with Voyant Tools and AntConc
- Create maps and timelines with Palladio
- Create data visualizations with Tableau
- Learn about more advanced tools and libraries to go further
- Omeka / Drupal / Wordpress for collections
This workshop is offered by Stanford Libraries' Center for Interdisciplinary Research as part of its mission to provide training in technical academic research practices and applied research methods.