SmartTables and comparative analysis in BioCyc
BioCyc.org is an extensive user-friendly genome informatics portal containing 17,000 microbial genomes. This one-hour workshop will cover SmartTables and comparative analysis in BioCyc. The workshop will focus on:
- Using SmartTables to store, share, and analyze lists of genes and metabolites
- Multi-organism search
- Orthologs in BioCyc
- Genome browser and comparative genome browser
- Comparative analysis tables
- Peter D. Karp is the director of the Bioinformatics Research Group at SRI International. Dr. Karp has authored 170 publications in bioinformatics and computer science. He received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Stanford.
- Suzanne Paley is a Senior Computer Scientist with the Bioinformatics Research Group at SRI International, and a long-time developer of the Pathway Tools software. She has M.S. degrees in chemistry from Stanford and computer science from UC Berkeley.
Advance registration is required. Registration is limited to current faculty, staff, students, and postdoctoral scholars at Stanford University.